Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Did I just see what I think I saw?

Today I went out for a run, no not a treadmill run but a true outside run in Concord. My hotel is on Speedway drive or parkway and right across the street from the Lowes Motor Speedway.

As we all know NASCAR is big in the south and very big here in NC. I know a big race is coming up in May but beyond that I don’t know too much and frankly don’t care too.

As I came around my first loop near the track, I saw a sign that said camping? As I came around the second time I saw the same sign and paid more attention and the area I saw was full of RVs. They were side by side, front to back and all over. I saw people milling around but did not see much more.

The question I have is why? Why would people be at a race track when no race is schedule. It is bad enough that I can’t figure out why they would be there when a race is on.

Don’t get me wrong I am not judging the people but seeking to understand. I guess it might be fun????

I can’t wait to get Lisa and the girls in an RV at the track. This has the potential to be the best vacation ever!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment