Sunday, January 3, 2010

Back to the grind

Well, let me start with a follow up to harmony …. it did not last, most things don’t.

We all managed to go to a number of stores yesterday and we all got along and took turns and really enjoyed the time together … so while the original harmony went out of tune a new sing started.

If the rest of you are like me it is back to work tomorrow after a long time away, for me about a week and a half. I enjoyed the time greatly.

The thought of going back to work does not thrill me! I do however look forward to once again starting a new year at work and making a difference. Last year my personal commitment was to leave work by 4:00 everyday and by all accounts I succeeded. This year I am looking to continue that trend, I find it very liberating.

From a professional perspective I am looking to challenge myself in a number of ways to make the days more interesting and fulfilling. You see I enjoy most of my work but there is a great deal of negativity given the economy. I anticipate that most of that work is done. My challenge now is how I can engage some 100 people that I count on to make me successful. Granted, I have ten direct reports that I count on tremendously and they do a great job keeping the focus.

For me, more visible, more positive and more fun at work. Sounds easy but I can tell you it is a challenge as there are so many critics that offer their opinions.

Well, that's it for now ….. there is work to be done, before there is work to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment