Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Running clear

Recently, as of July I have started to run again. This started due to age catching up in the form of weight, blood pressure and cholesterol. Thankfully it is proven successful.

The funny thing is that the runs have become a big part of my thought process. I look forward to getting on the treadmill (since it is icy and cold out) but more so enjoy getting outside. I find that when I do run it enables a greater level of concentration for the things I have on my mind, it also allows me to clear those thoughts from my mind. That clear mind feels great.

I think this works well because I block out all other distractions. I don’t have to consider anything but the basics, well and a car or two and an occasional dog!!!

I find this whole thing to be rather meditative and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment