Thursday, February 25, 2010

When in doubt Beer is the constant

There are moments in everyone’s life where things are uncertain. Where odd is the norm and familiar is needed just to get to the dawn.

Don’t get me wrong, there is a great deal that is certain here and makes perfect sense but some things just don’t work for me yet!

The news is driving me crazy!

I have tried NBC, CBS, and ABC …. by the way they are not on 4, 2 and 7 respectively which is just problematic as I am use to saying put on channel 4, for NBC and 2 for CBS and so on … now that just does not work! Here CBS is on 3, NBC is on 7, and ABC is on 8 …. how does that work?!?!?!?

Well, lets get to the real issue … Chuck and Sue don’t do the news here!! I can’t get use to the broadcast that always looks like channel 12, not that there is anything wrong with that. I have just had enough of potholes, recycling and the complaint of growing taxes in and around Charlotte … another by the way … the taxes are about $2500 a year!!

While I have committed to myself that I would focus on the similarities and embrace the differences I just can’t get past this news thing … where do I get my comfort from? … Beer!

Beer … tastes the same here, is available at many stores, you can find it a short distance from the Aleve at the CVS and Walgreens what a pleasant surprise.

It has not helped the news but it does help me fall asleep before the news comes on so I guess it is working!

Back to NY tomorrow into the teeth of the Snowicane!

No comments:

Post a Comment